general • Apr 25, 2019
Fortnite X Avengers Endgame LTM: First Look and Info
The Endgame LTM was added today in the v8.50 patch as a part of the Fortnite X Avengers crossover event!
Here are some videos showing the gameplay of the Mythic Avengers items, Thanos, and the Chitauri:
The repulsors allow you to hover upwards when you jump midair. There's a cooldown on how often you can activate this boost. In addition, you don't really need to aim the repulsors - they'll hit targets near your crosshair if they're within a certain range.
When using Cap's Shield, you run faster and jump higher. If you hold down your primary fire button, you will block all incoming shots and damage. If you use your secondary fire button, you throw the shield a certain distance. If the shield hits anything, it will bounce to the nearest enemy or enemies, and then return to you. You can't do anything with the shield until it returns.
Hawkeye's Bow is essentially a Boom Bow with unlimited ammo and a grappling hook attached to it. It's great for using in combination with some of the other weapons like Ironman's Repulsors though.
Stormbreaker allows you to run faster when it's equipped. It acts like the Infinity Blade, where it swings and destroys everything in its path, and you can do a midair jump at a target to deal damage to everything you hit. You can also throw the axe - dealing damage on the way out and on the way back. You can hit the same button to recall the axe before it reaches its maximum distance.
You become Thanos by capturing an Infinity Stone when no other player on the map is Thanos. Thanos has a punch, shoots a death laser beam thing, and can charge his jump. When midair, you can use your punch button to slam down on an area.
The Chitauri have three features. The first is just a regular beam rifle - it works like an AR but deals loads of damage. The second is a charging beam cannon that has a bigger explosion the longer you charge it. The final feature is the ability to fly - it works exactly like the old jetpacks.
Here's what the Patch Notes had to say about the LTM:
LIMITED TIME MODE: ENDGAME
Thanos and his Chitauri invade the Battle Royale island, in search of the six Infinity Stones.
- Endgame features a team of heroes fighting to stop Thanos and his Chitauri from claiming all six Infinity Stones.
- Both teams respawn when eliminated until the other side completes their objective.
- On one side is the Hero team. Heroes respawn when eliminated until the enemy team has found all six Infinity Stones.
- Heroes start with a treasure map that leads directly to a Mythic Avengers item.
- Other Avengers items can be found in Chests throughout the map.
- The goal for the Hero team is to destroy the Chitauri army and defeat Thanos.
- Team Thanos is comprised of Chitauri Invaders and Thanos himself.
- Chitauri Invaders start with a powerful laser rifle, an anti-structure grenade attack, and a jetpack that lets them briefly leap high into the air.
- The first Chitauri to recover an Infinity stone will be transformed into Thanos.
- Thanos has a powerful punch, a destructive beam attack, and the ability to jump high into the air and then smash anything in his way when he comes back down.
- Each time an Infinity Stone is claimed, Thanos' abilities grow more powerful and the Chitauri gain health.
- Reality Stone (Red) = Heath & Shields doubled (1000->2000)
- Soul Stone (Orange) = Siphon activated (grants Thanos shields only)
- Mind Stone (Yellow) = Jump height doubled
- Space Stone (Blue) = Ground Pound AOE size tripled, damage x6
- Time Stone (Green) = Big knockback added to each hit, damage x3
- Power Stone (Purple) = Laser damage x6
- If Thanos is eliminated from the match, another Chitauri will become him after a short wait (unless Thanos is the last one standing).
- If Thanos & the Chitauri find all six Infinity Stones, Heroes will no longer be able to respawn.
- The goal for Thanos and his army is to find the stones and then eliminate the remaining heroes.