general • Jan 08, 2019
Fortnite v7.10 Sniper Rifle Comparison Infograph
The Fortnite v7.10 Content Patch #1 brought the release of the new Suppressed Sniper Rifle. Below is a new infographic, comparing the different numbers for the game's current Sniper Rifles:
Some notes on the new rifle:
- It is suppressed, meaning that there is no bullet tracer for enemies to use to try to pinpoint your location
- This means that it's easier to stay hidden and take random shots at enemies
- However, your rifle still makes noise when firing, so it's still possible for enemies to figure out where you are
- It shares the same bullet drop-off as the Bolt-Action Sniper rifle, but does very slightly less damage
- The damage difference isn't enough to make much of a different though
- Coupled with the faster reload time, it's pretty safe to say you would want a Suppressed Sniper over a Bolt-Action in most cases (the rare case where you wouldn't is if the 5 or 10 extra damage for a body shot would make a difference.
- The Heavy Sniper still has the advantage of less drop-off, more damage, and instantly destroying builds over the Suppressed Sniper Rifle.
- The trade-off is between those and having your bullet tracer hidden + faster reload time
- The Heavy Sniper should find more use cases, but there's definitely the element of a different playstyle preferring the Suppressed
- The most difficult trade-off is between the Hunting Rifle, which doesn't require a scope and is easier to use in general
- You would be gaining damage and the suppressed effect, but losing the ease of use if you were to drop a Hunting Rifle for the Suppressed Sniper
- This will most likely be a playstyle preference vs there being a clear better option
Enjoy! Fortnite just got a lot scarier with this new item for sure.