patch notes • Jan 15, 2020
Fortnite v11.40 Patch Notes - Weapon Sidegrading, Upgrade Machine Balancing, and more
Check out the full update notes below from Epic Games, including the all-new Weapon Sidegrading feature, material balancing adjustments to the Upgrade Machines, and more.
- Introducing Sidegrading: the Heavy Assault Rifle returns.
- In non-competitive playlists, you can now use Upgrade Machines to “Sidegrade” your Assault Rifle into a Heavy Assault Rifle.
- Reduced material costs for upgrading weapons at Upgrade Machines.
- Added the following items to Battle Lab:
- Flint-Knock Pistol (Common and Uncommon)
- Shockwave Grenade
- Impulse Grenade
- The iPad Pro (2018 release) now supports 120 FPS.
- Clickable thumbstick buttons (L3 and R3) are now usable on supported iOS controllers.
- Players’ Star Wars Achievements have returned to the Legacy timeline.
- Resolved an issue involving the “F” key not enabling proper movement after direction was remapped to it.
- Resolved an issue involving editing quickly causing players to remain in Edit mode.
- Falling into a Hideout no longer causes the Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle’s crosshairs to disappear.
- Resolved an issue involving the “Visit different bus stops in a single match” Remedy vs. Toxin Challenge not tracking progress for some bus stops.
- The Spectrum Contrail again changes colors while in motion.
- Continued to make improvements regarding FPS drops and hitching on mobile devices.
- Resolved an issue involving mobile players getting stuck in a loop on the Select Fire Mode screen.
- Resolved an issue involving console players being unable to progress through the gifting process if they did not have Two-Factor Authentication enabled.
Known Issues Addressed
- Visual issues with certain cosmetics. (Click for details.) (PLEASE READ UPDATE.)
- Unable to go through gifting process.
- Battle Royale
- Overtime Challenge "Visit different bus stops" not tracking for all bus stops.
- Star Wars Legacy entries disappeared.
- "F" key not enabling proper movement after direction remap.
- Editing quickly can cause players to remain in Edit mode.
- Sniper Rifle crosshairs may disappear when players fall into a Hideout.
- Featured Island portals aren't working correctly
- Bandage Bazooka doesn’t respect infinite ammo and reload settings
- Save the World
- Goin' Commando Hero Perks not applying
- Occasional Difficulty Upgrading Schematic Perks with Controller
- Beehives can sometimes cause semi-permanent damage
- Mythic Melee's hitching with Shadowstance.
- Riot Control Baton Animations
- FPS drops and hitching on Mobile.
- Mobile players may get stuck in Fire Mode selection.