patch notes • Feb 20, 2020
Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 2 v12.00 Patch Notes - New Battle Pass, The Agency, and more
The Island has been taken over by covert operatives - members of Ghost and Shadow. Will you join the fight?
Welcome to The Agency. You come highly recommended.
The Island has been taken over by covert operatives — Ghost and Shadow — and its fate is in your hands. Will you join the fight?
As an operative of The Agency, you can use new methods and equipment to take on rival agents:
Ghost and Shadow have some valuable ____________ stashed in their Hideouts. Gain entry to the Vaults they’re stored in by eliminating ___________ and taking their Keycard.
The Spy Hideouts are well-guarded, but you can avoid being recognized by an opposing side’s hired contractor Henchmen and __________ by disguising yourself or sneaking in a Creepin’ Cardboard. The __________ can also be deactivated or destroyed — if you’re willing to be a bit more conspicuous.
Ghost and Shadow have also created ways to make a stealthy getaway. Take advantage of these ___________ to quickly and covertly go from ________ to another.
Areas and containers unauthorized to your side can be accessed with classic trickery. Use a _________ to wear the uniform of the opposing side — or hoist a of the opposing side up to the to gain entry.
Gain valuable enemy intel off of downed foes by stealing a look at their classified data. Intel from opponents includes the temporary disclosure of ____________ location, and intel from Henchmen includes the temporary disclosure of location and the location of nearby .
Tools of the Trade
If you’re going to be an agent, you need access to lots of tools. Luckily, both new and unvaulted equipment is at your disposal, including Ghost’s and Shadow’s specialized gear.
Some of these weapons and items are those belonging to the . Just like with the Keycards, you can to make their special equipment yours.
Also, Shadow has imported a shipment of , meaning you can ________________in addition to Sidegrading an Assault Rifle into one.
New Battle Pass, New Choices
Throughout the Season, you’ll meet new agents at the Hideout. After completing their Weekly Challenges (which are available to everyone), they’ll present you a choice of two sets of Battle Pass Challenges to help them with. Your choices will impact each agent’s future... permanently. And no matter what side you turn them to, their future cannot be reversed. Choose wisely!
In addition to these agents, you’ll find agent Maya at the Hideout. Each week, she’ll give you a new Battle Pass Challenge to help her with. After completing one, you’ll be able to customize a new part of her appearance.
With all of the choices at hand, there are more than 3.8 million style variants for Maya! Once you make a decision, Maya locks in with your new look.
Surprise the Enemy
To prepare you for your operation, The Agency’s engineers have completed some R&D for your equipment.
You can now throw Consumables (yes, we’ve made the Shield Potion’s glass super strong.) Plus, we’ve tweaked the Suppressed Pistol, the Suppressed SMG, and the Suppressed Sniper Rifle.
When it comes to what’s vaulted, the Damage Trap, Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle, and some rarities of the Rocket Launcher and Submachine Gun have been safely secured in the lab.
The fate of the Island is in your hands! We know you’ll make the right decisions.
- Friend selection/scrolling issue.
- Getting stuck on loading screen after accepting invite before selecting game mode.
- Unable to select traps with a controller when 'Pick up' indicator is on-screen.
- Crash when selecting Controller settings menu that may result in blank controller layout.
- Picking up DBNO teammate when trying to switch to Pickaxe.
- Refunding can block input in the lobby.
- "Could not join party" message wrongly occurring.
- Temporarily unable to move or do any other action after Emoting.
- Delay in movement after using movement key to exit inventory.
- Players cannot disable Parental Controls.
- The barrier device is not showing the border on edit mode
- Quadcrasher unable to move forward or reverse on Nintendo Switch.
Save the World
- Vindertech Seeker may fail to do damage to Husks
- Ramp and Beach North have overlapping spawns in Twine SSD and Endurance.
- Team info not displaying correctly.
- Neon Sniper shows static while ADS
- No crafting materials are returned when recycling 'Defender Pads' in the front-end menus
- Players using Android 10 OS might be unable to load into Creative
- Player may sometimes get stuck shooting with a controller
- Locker selections not saved when using the touch screen on Switch
- Switch Parental Controls Issues