guides • Aug 11, 2019
Season X Shootout at Sundown Challenges (Fortnite Battle Pass Guide)
Urgent Mission Objectives
Day 1: Place Top 10 in (2) Solo or Duo Matches
Consider checking out our YouTube Channel for various tip-based videos which aim to help you improve. We’ve covered topics such as building, aim, keybinds, and much more.
If you’re someone who struggles to win matches or make it to the late game, consider playing passively and avoiding confrontation by hiding or staying in areas of the map which are unlikely to be populated. Don’t avoid looting however, as you’ll need to defend yourself should an enemy find you.
Day 2: (2) Pistol Eliminations
Your choices for this Challenge include the Hand Cannon, Pistol, and Suppressed Pistol. The Hand Cannon is by far the best pick here due to the amount of damage it can put out. The Suppressed Pistol could be viable in specific situations, but the standard Pistol should be avoided at all costs.
- The Hand Cannon uses Heavy Ammo meaning you won’t really need to worry about finding ammo for it as you would with the other two Pistols.
- While it may not be as powerful as it once was, the Hand Cannon is a very viable weapon that’s even worth using outside of Challenges. Be sure to take advantage of its ranged abilities as it’s a high-damage hitscan weapon.
- The standard Pistol just isn’t a very good weapon, it’s meant to be filler floor loot that’s only used during very early game. You’re likely to be outgunned in all scenarios when using it.
- The Suppressed Pistol is a step-up from the standard Pistol, but it’s still not the greatest weapon.
- The Suppressor doesn’t actually do much for the weapon, but if you want to switch things up - try playing sneakily, as one would with a silenced weapon. You may be able to secure an elimination or two by third partying fights.
If you find yourself struggling to complete this Challenge, take advantage of the Team Rumble mode; here you can respawn with your loadout and easily take out enemies upon respawn.
Day 3: Search (7) Ammo Boxes at Tilted or Junk Junction
Ammo Boxes can be found in quite literally every building, because of this, we won’t be providing a map of their locations as it’s simply unnecessary.
Unless you’re speed-running the Challenges, don’t worry too much about this one. Just land at Tilted or Junk Junction and you’ll passively complete it without even trying.
Day 4: Deal (200) damage to descending Supply Drops
The hardest part of this Challenge simply surviving to the late-game so that Supply Drops will actually spawn. You could complete this Challenge in seconds, just look for the blue smoke on the ground or balloons in the sky then unload your weapon at it.
Day 5: Pick up an Item of each rarity
For the beginners, there are a total of five rarities: Common (Gray), Uncommon (Green), Rare (Blue), Epic (Purple), and Legendary (Gold).
We wouldn’t stress too much about completing this Challenge, just play as you normally would and you’ll likely complete it before you know it.
Day 6: Land at Tilted or Fatal Fields in (3) different matches
Where you’ll land for this Challenge depends on your play-style. If you enjoy hectic, fast-paced gameplay or just want to complete this Challenge as fast as possible, land at Titled. Otherwise, land at Fatal Fields.
Below is a map of Chest spawns for Neo Tilted. Depending on when you’re completing these Challenges, Tilted may be replaced by a Rift Zone variation.
The Southwest corner of Tilted is typically a good balance between absolute chaos and little activity.
Below is a map of Chest spawns for Fatal Fields. At the time of writing, no Rift Zone variation is known to be added to the game, but keep in mind that this could change.
Fatal typically isn’t too populated of a drop, so land wherever you prefer. Our personal preference is the multi-floored wooden shed just North of the location.
Day 7: Deal (500) damage with Assault Rifles to opponents
Here’s a list of all of your choices for completing this Challenge. The obvious best choice is the Legendary Assault Rifle (SCAR) due to its sheer capabilities. The Infantry Rifle is considered by the community to be a mid-tier weapon, however, its long-range abilities may prove useful depending on your playstyle.
If you’re struggling with this Challenge, don’t forget to finish off downed enemies in team-based modes. You could also go into the Team Rumble mode to easily complete this Challenge.
Hidden Battle Star
A Fork and Knife can be found on the building in the top-left corner of the Spray and Pray loading screen, as seen below.
This landmark can be found Northwest of Fatal Fields.
- Complete any 1 Challenge to unlock the reward: 10 Battle Stars
- Complete any 2 Challenges to unlock the reward: 500 XP
- Complete any 3 Challenges to unlock the reward: Shootout at Sundown Uncommon Loading Screen & Hidden Battle Star Quest
- Complete any 4 Challenges to unlock the reward: 10 Battle Stars
- Complete any 5 Challenges to unlock the reward: 1,000 XP
- Complete any 6 Challenges to unlock the reward: 10 Battle Stars
- Complete any 7 Challenges to unlock the reward: 2,000 XP