guides • Mar 07, 2019
Season 8 Week 2 Fortnite Battle Pass Guide
Stages 1 - 5: Land at ____________ (0/5)
- Stage 1: Land at The Block
- Stage 2: Land at Dusty Divot
- Stage 3: Land at Polar Peak
- Stage 4: Land at Snobby Shores
- Final Stage: Land at Paradise Palms
This challenge is generally self-explanatory. All you have to do is land at each location. Just make it a point to land at each spot every time you queue into a game, and you ought to finish it very quickly!
Deal damage to descending Supply Drops (0/200)
Supply drops will only ever spawn within the safe zone. Recently, Epic has made it so that you can see Supply Drops falling on your map:
To complete this challenge, you simply have to shoot at the balloon portion of the supply drop. ARs tend to work best, but Sniper Rifles aren’t bad either.
The Team Rumble LTM is really good for completing this challenge as the safe zone is small and the supply drops come quite frequently.
3 Eliminations at Salty Springs or Haunted Hills (0/3)
Here are maps for the Treasure Chest spawns in both locations:
Generally, the best way to complete this kind of challenge is to hot drop whichever location. This will guarantee that you’ll have some enemies to shoot at. Salty Springs will always attract enemies, whereas Haunted Hills tends to be a little bit more remote. As usual, land on top of a chest spawn for an increased chance of getting a weapon.
Here are some notes on dropping at either location:
- The Blue house with 4 chest spawns is a highly contested drop. 3 of the spawns are underground, so if you’re landing there, you might want to try to land at the front or back door so you can get there faster.
- There’s usually floor loot on the way to the basement, so you might get lucky with a shotgun spawn
- Most of the fighting in Salty Springs tends to be inside houses or on the rooftops of houses
- Make sure you break furniture and fences for building mats
- Be careful of running around in the streets - there’s usually a lot of people who camp rooftops that might shoot at you
- It’s really important in Haunted Hills that you land on a spot with chest spawns
- Floor loot isn’t too common at this location, so if you take a bad drop you can very easily get caught without a weapon
- Usually, there isn’t too much traffic at Haunted Hills - if you’re not as confident in your own abilities it’s definitely the safer of the two options
- Be careful running between buildings, there isn’t very much natural cover
- It’s pretty tough to get mats at this location which makes it even more dangerous to recklessly rotate
- The cathedral tends to be the most popular landing location
- The chest spawns are a little unintuitive to find though, so keep in mind that it’s not necessarily the easiest spot to contest
Battle Pass Challenges
Stages 1-3: Gain health from ________
- Stage 1: Gain health from Apples (25)
- Stage 2: Gain health from Campfires (50)
- Stage 3: Gain health from Med Kits (75)
Epic has done a good job of fine tuning these numbers to be a bit simpler. The trick to this challenge is taking enough damage without dying so that you can use these healing items to recover health. Usually, you can build 4-5 ramps up and take fall damage to make things a little safer (as opposed to taking damage in combat).
The Season 8 changes have outdated our Apple/Campfire maps unfortunately, so we'll have to update this at a later time to help with those. For now, you'll have to make do with simple directions:
- You can find them under a specific type of tree that looks like this:
- They're quite common around Retail Row, Dusty Divot, Fatal Fields, and Salty Springs, although they're not limited to these areas
- You can either find a trap or an environmental campfire to use
- The environmental campfires are common at Lonely Lodge, Viking Village, and the area surrounding Loot Lake.
- You can also find one at Snobby Shores, two at Shifty Shafts, and two at the Frozen Lake south of Viking Village
UPDATE: Here's the Environmental Campfire map!
Medkits are just RNG we're afraid. Not much we can do to help you find those, but they are common enough.
Visit the furthest North, South, East, and West points of the island (0/4)
You can find these points marked on this map here:
Deal damage to opponents with a Pirate Cannon (0/100)
Here is a video showing the Pirate Cannon in action:
You drive the cannon around like you would have driven a shopping cart. However, you get to aim the cannon and shoot stuff using it too.
Aiming the cannon is a little bit odd: you would use your ADS key and mouse to aim up and down, but you have to use your Left and Right movement buttons to aim to the side. It fires cannonballs by default which destroys builds. Also, you can enter it and fire yourself somewhere, but your trajectory is stopped by the first structure you hit, which also gets destroyed.
The Pirate Cannon deals 100 damage with a direct hit, and 50 damage splash. You’ll find them spawning at the marked locations on this map:
For the purposes of this challenge, we would suggest just firing cannonballs at build fights. Grab a cannon, and run around with it. If you have trouble finding people to shoot at, you can actually make really fast rotations in tandem with a volcanic vent like this:
Search a Chest in different Named Locations in a single match (0/3)
For this challenge, you want to make use of Driftboards and go to locations that are easy to rotate between. You could also use the Cannons and the technique shown in the tweet above for rotations.
Driftboards spawn at most Expedition Outpost buildings. You can recognize them by this symbol and architectural style on them:
Some suggestions for rotational paths are:
- Junk Junction, Pleasant Park, Haunted Hills/Loot Lake are the best path by far
- They're low traffic, meaning that you get a higher chance of finding unlooted chests
- You can also grab a driftboard from the outpost on the hill northeast of Pleasant Park which'll make this easier
- Lucky Landing, Fatal Fields, Salty Springs, and Retail Row are a pretty good set of named locations to try too as they're close to each other
- It might be hard to get a rotational tool like a Driftboard or Cannon to help with this
- However, you can find multiple quadcrasher spawns at Salty Springs. There are individual spawns at Retail and Fatal as well, but there's only one at each location, making them unreliable
Here’s the loading screen:
You can find a hidden banner inside the volcano at the marked location on this map:
This is what the location looks like in game:
As usual, thanks to @ItsEnergie for his weekly cheat sheet!