guides • May 09, 2019
Season 9 Week 1 Fortnite Battle Pass Guide
Season 9 Week 1 Battle Pass Guide
Ride the Slip Stream around _______ - 5 Battle Stars
- Stage 1: Neo Tilted
- Stage 2: Mega Mall
For this challenge, you just need to hop in the Slip Stream in Neo Tilted (stage 1) and Mega Mall (stage 2). Here’s what they look like in action:
Visit all (7) Sky Platforms - 5 Battle Stars
This challenge requires you to visit all seven of the new Sky Platforms. To visit one, hop in one of the air vents and fly right up! Here’s what they look like:
Here's a map marking the location of all seven platforms:
Deal (200) damage to an opponent within 10s after using a Shadow Bomb - 10 Battle Stars
This next challenge requires you to deal damage to opponents after using a shadow bomb. There are a couple of ways to do this:
The first is to use the shadow bomb, sneak up close to an enemy, then hit them with a close range shotgun.
- The advantage of this way is that you can deal a lot of burst damage quickly if you’re able to surprise them. You may even be able to get the challenge done in one go if you’re lucky.
- The downside is that it can be hard to truly sneak up on players with the shadow bomb. The noise you make when stealthed is loud enough that it’s pretty easy for enemies to hear you coming, so most players are on alert by the time you exit stealth.
The second way is to use the shadow bomb but stay long-ranged. The challenge doesn’t require you to be close-range, so you can just use a shadow bomb and wait for it to run out, then take some AR shots from afar.
- This option is safer and may be easier for some players.
- The downside is that it will be slower than getting up close and personal.
Battle Pass Challenges
Pickup a Legendary Item in (5) different matches - 5 Battle Stars
Although straightforward, this challenge may take a bit to complete. You must pick up a legendary item in five different matches. It doesn’t specify weapons, so any legendary item should work.
A few tips for this one:
- Loot, loot, loot. Land somewhere that you will have all the loot to yourself and loot up. Then rotate to another spot to loot some more. Check every building for a chest or floor loot, you never know what you’ll find!
- Keep an eye out for vending machines. You can definitely find legendary items from floor loot or chests, but they can be rare. Vending machines are a great way to supplement your search because there is a decent chance they’ll be legendary.
- Slay out. This option is admittedly more difficult, but if you are able to get a bunch of kills, it’s likely one of those players will have a legendary item.
Search (7) chests at Lucky Landing or Loot Lake - 5 Battle Stars
This is another pretty straightforward challenge. You simply need to search a total of seven chests at either Lucky Landing or Loot Lake.
Here's a map of chest spawns in Lucky Landing:
And here's a temporary map with all of the new Loot Lake chest spawns:
(3) Scoped Weapon Eliminations - 10 Battle Stars
You must get three eliminations with scoped weapons for this challenge. Here are all the scoped weapons currently in the game:
Snipers are a great way to get this challenge done. They do enough damage in one shot to seriously hurt anybody with shield and immediately eliminate anybody without, making them great for securing eliminations.
Scoped Assault Rifles are your other option. It’s easy to do damage with these things, but it can be hard to finish kills.
- We recommend third partying fights, as that’s is probably your best chance of picking off somebody who is distracted and already weak.
LTMs like Team Rumble are a good way to complete challenges like this without all the pressure of a normal game.
Deal (___) damage to opponents from at least _ stories above - 10 Battle Stars
- Stage 1: 300 damage, from at least 2 stories above
- Stage 2: 200 damage, from at least 4 stories above
- Stage 3: 100 damage, from at least 6 stories above
The last challenge may prove a bit difficult and may take some time. There are three stages to this one, each of which require you to deal damage to opponents from at least two, four, and six stories above them.
The easy way to deal damage to opponents from above is to use natural high ground.
- You can set up base on a mountain or post up on a tall building in Neo Tilted. Whatever it may be, natural high ground is a great place to start.
- You can look to third party players afar
- If somebody decides to push you, spray down on them from above while they’re trying to build up for some easy damage.
Another way is to use your own builds to gain a few levels of height above your enemy.
- You need to be a little more experienced for this approach, but with a little practice you should be able to build up pretty quickly.
- Make sure you are reinforced so you won’t get easily shot down.
As usual, LTMs are a great option for completing challenges like this!
Here is the Season 9 Week 1 Loading Screen:
The hint for this secret is on the gun, where you can see the coordinates I5, I6, J5, and J6.
Here's a map of where you can find this secret:
And here's an in-game image of where you can find it:
As usual, thanks to @ItsEnergie for his weekly cheat sheet!