guides • Jul 11, 2019
Season 9 Week 10 Fortnite Battle Pass Guide
Use an Air Strike in (3) different matches – 5 Battle Stars
Air Strikes can be found in Floor Loot, Chests, Supply Drops, Vending Machines, and Llamas. They are of the Legendary Rarity, so don’t be too discouraged if you aren’t finding them often.
While this Challenge simply requires you to use the Air Strike, here’s some general information about them:
- Once the canister comes to rest, missiles will spawn after a short delay.
- Missiles spawn about 120 meters above the smoke canister.
- Missiles aim for random points within a 9 meters radius of the thrown object.
- A total of 20 missiles are spawned.
- Each missile has an explosion radius of 3.5 meters.
- Each missile deals 75 damage to players and 200 damage to structures.
- Drops in stacks of 1, max stack size of 2.
Air Strikes are really powerful and can be used to take out any building or structure. It’s always worth chucking one at a couple of people in a build fight or at a house with people in it to pressure them and maybe get a kill or two.
(500) Damage to opponents with Shotguns – 5 Battle Stars
Your choices for this Challenge include the new Drum Shotgun, Pump Shotgun (Uncommon/Rare), and the Tactical Shotgun.
You’ll likely be able to complete this Challenge passively while playing matches as Shotguns are a necessity in normal gameplay. Some tips for this challenge:
- With the Drum and Tactical Shotgun, you can literally spray in the general direction of an enemy and you’ll be likely to get some damage off
- For the Pump Shotgun, you’ll need a bit more accuracy, but a close range headshot is enough to kill anyone in one shot
- Pump Shotguns and Combat Shotguns are pretty good from a medium distance while Aiming Down Sights, feel free to take potshots at enemies if you’ve got high ground
Search (7) Ammo Boxes in a single match – 10 Battle Stars
Ammo boxes can be found quite literally everywhere. Search near beds, shelves, underneath staircases, and so forth. If you’re in a building, there ought to be at least a few spawns.
To complete this challenge easily, you should land at a low population area like Haunted Hills and just aim to loot all 7 boxes in the game. Alternatively, you could also play Team Rumble which would entirely trivialize the challenge.
Battle Pass Challenges
Visit (5) different public service announcement signs in Neo Tilted, Pressure Plant, or Mega Mall – 5 Battle Stars
Numerous public service announcement signs have been spotted all over the map as of July 6th, the above image shows what to look for. These war propaganda-esque signs tease an upcoming event relating to the robot which is being built at Pressure Plant.
There are many of these signs located in the aforementioned points of interest, Pressure Plant alone has 4 signs. Due to the density, a map showing the locations isn’t necessary, simply visit any of the listed locations and you’ll easily complete the Challenge.
Collect (100) ____ from a _____ or _____ – 5 Battle Stars
- Stage 1: Collect (100) Wood from a Pirate Ship or Viking Ship
- Stage 2: Collect (100) Stone from a Fork Knife or Umbrella
- Stage 3: Collect (100) Metal from a Robot Factory
Here is a map marking the listed locations for each stage of this Challenge.
- The Pirate Ship can be found in Lazy Lagoon, and the Viking Ship can be found on the mountain near Snobby Shores and Polar Peak.
- The Fork Knife can be found north of Fatal Fields, and the Umbrella can be found west of Lazy Lagoon. It’s important to note that this is referencing the Umbrella-shaped quarry, not the Umbrellas for the 14 Days of Summer Challenge.
- The Robot Factory is referring to Pressure Plant, where a massive Robot is currently being assembled.
Eliminate (3) opponents in Pleasant Park or Paradise Palms - 10 Battle Stars
Here are maps of Chest spawns for each of the listed locations.
If you’re struggling with this Challenge, take advantage of the Team Rumble LTM if it is present. This should give you plenty of opportunities to eliminate just three opponents in either of the locations. Be prepared for a lot of indoors and street fighting where Shotguns and ARs tend to shine.
Tips for Pleasant Park:
- The northeast gray house contains three chest spawns and three floors, typically this allows you to safely get some loot to fight your way through the rest of the town.
- Avoid the soccer field and gazebo in the center of the town at all costs as you’re left with little cover and you could potentially be shot at from all sides.
- There is a spawn point for Driftboards just east of the town toward Loot Lake, consider using those to leave the area.
Tips for Paradise Palms:
- While the large apartment building may have the highest amount of loot, it is also likely to be the most populated. Consider avoiding this building and instead looting the large houses on the east side of the city.
- There is a Quadcrasher spawn inside of the black-top building on the north side of Paradise Palms, consider using that to quickly get around and depart the city.
(200) Damage to opponents with a Pickaxe – 5 Battle Stars
The easiest way to complete this Challenge is to go into the Team Rumble LTM if it’s available, here you have multiple lives and can aimlessly hurl your Pickaxe at enemies until complete.
If you like to make things hard on yourself, you can Pickaxe downed enemies in normal game modes to complete this Challenge.
Here is the Season 9 Week 10 Loading Screen:
As usual, thanks to @ItsEnergie for his weekly cheat sheet!