guides • May 30, 2019
Season 9 Week 4 Fortnite Battle Pass Guide
Deal damage with Sniper Rifles to opponents (500) - 5 Battle Stars
The above are your options for completing this challenge. Sniper Rifles are tricky as they fire a projectile that falls off after a distance. In addition, they can be quite rare. Here are some tips for completing this challenge:
- The Team Rumble LTM is your friend for completing challenges like these. It gives you unlimited time to loot, and there’s always Supply Drops falling down nearby for you to have a chance to find what you’re looking for
- It’ll also give you far more chances and targets to shoot and practice
- The Hunting Rifle and Semi-Automatic Sniper Rifle are the least punishing snipers to use, so if you need the practice, use those
- Generally, bullet drop-off doesn’t tend to matter until you’re sniping someone further than 50m away (about 10 tile distance).
- Each tick on the sniper’s scope represents 75m (15 tiles)
- If you’re sniping someone relatively close by (you can see their heads without the scope), you probably just want to aim at their head while scoping
- If you’re certain someone’s going to turn a corner or walk through a doorway at you, you can scope that spot and do a reaction shot the moment they walk into you crosshair
- Generally if you’re going for a long range shot, it’s always worth it to be patient:
- Wait for the enemy to stop moving or to realize the enemy’s movement pattern before taking your shot
- Sometimes, taking a deep breath in real life can help you steady your aim in game, so it might be worth trying out
- You won’t have to land too many shots since snipers hit really high in general:
- The Hunting Rifle and Semi-Auto might take a few more shots than the other two though
Dance ____________ head - 3 Battle Stars
- Stage 1: Dance inside a holographic Tomato head
- Stage 2: Dance inside a holographic Durrr Burger head
- Stage 3: Dance on top of a giant Dumpling head
Due to this being a staged Challenge, only a single stage can be completed in each match. If you are struggling to complete a stage at the beginning of a match, visit the Head right before the point of interest is consumed by the storm.
Holographic Tomato Head
The Holographic Tomato Head can be found at Mega Mall.
Holographic Durrr Burger Head
The Holographic Durrr Burger head can be found at Neo Tilted.
Giant Dumpling Head
The giant Dumpling head can be found at Lucky Landing.
Legendary weapon eliminations (3) - 10 Battle Stars
The hardest part about this challenge is finding a Legendary Weapon. Most of them are extremely easy to get kills with (especially the Rocket Launcher, Combat Shotgun, and SCAR).
- This challenge is a really good to finish at the same time as the Sniper Rifle challenge above in the Team Rumble LTM
- It’s way easier to find Legendary weapons in Team Rumble, and if you die you’ll respawn with the weapon for a second chance at getting those elims
- Search as many Supply Drops as you can until you can find a weapon you’d like to use
- We find that the best weapons to complete this challenge with are (in order):
- Rocket Launcher
- Combat Shotgun
- Infantry Rifle
- Boom Bow
- Always make sure you’re aiming before you click - we can’t stress how often people mess this up
Battle Pass Challenges
Destroy a Loot Carrier in different matches (3) - 5 Battle Stars
Loot Carriers look like this:
They will only spawn in “Hot Spots”, a new addition in v9.10. Hot spots are named locations that are outlined in gold, with the location being randomly selected each game:
It’s not hard to shoot one down, you’ll just have to find a gun and pop it:
Stages 1-5: Land at _________ - 5 Battle Stars
- Stage 1: Land at Polar Peak
- Stage 2: Land at Lazy Lagoon
- Stage 3: Land at Salty Springs
- Stage 4: Land at The Block
- Stage 5: Land at Lonely Lodge
Straightforward and easy challenge as usual. Simply jump from the Battle Bus and land at the desired point of interest. In the event that you forget to land at the desired location, you can use a Launch Pad to land there.
Eliminate opponents in Haunted Hills or Dusty Divot (3) - 10 Battle Stars
Here are the treasure chest spawns in both locations:
As usual, there isn’t anything too complicated about this challenge. Generally, the best way to get the elims is to land at the location, grab the closest weapon, and gank the nearest people. Essentially, as long as you’re able to have a good landing on top of a chest or a weapon, you have a pretty good chance of getting one elimination.
Tips for Haunted Hills:
- Do your best to land on a chest as floor loot is relatively spread out
- Don’t get caught in the open - the gravestones don’t provide much cover
- The church is usually the most popular landing spot
- Make sure you keep an eye out for how many people are headed there
- Haunted Hills can’t support too many people - if more than 5-6 people are landing there, it might make sense to try to land at the ruined castle or Junk Junction and rotate down after getting some loot
Tips for Dusty Divot:
- There’s generally two spots to land in Dusty Divot: there’s the ruined research base in the center of the crater, and there’s the diner to the north overlooking it
- Both locations have quite a bit of close to medium range fighting, also the diner is really cluttered with random furniture
- However, in terms of easy access chests, the crater tends to have quite a few more that are safer to get
- In addition, you can see a lot of chest spawns in the crater as you’re landing
- The downside of the crater is that it’s hard to rotate out of it once you’ve looted up and run out of people to kill
If you’re new to shooters and need help in general with aiming, check out this video:
Visit different Named Locations in a single match (5) - 10 Battle Stars
For this challenge, use the Slipstreams. You’ll get near enough the following named locations. This is the easiest and most optimal route to complete this Challenge.
- Neo Tilted
- Mega Mall
- Loot Lake
- Dusty Divot
- Fatal Fields
Here is the Season 9 Week 4 Loading Screen:
Unfortunately, even-numbered weeks in Season 9 do not feature a Utopia Challenge as Banner Icons have been phased out for Fortbytes.
As usual, thanks to @ItsEnergie for his weekly cheat sheet!