guides • Jun 27, 2019
Season 9 Week 8 Fortnite Battle Pass Guide
Apply (400) shields - 5 Battle Stars
For this challenges, you simply need to apply a total or 400 shields. With the addition of chug splashes, there five items that can help you complete this challenge. All you need to do is find an duse shields. But remember, the chug splashes and slurps won't give you shields unless you already have full health. So, if you want the full value out of those items, make sure you heal up beforehand.
Visit (3) Different Clocks - 5 Battle Stars
All you need to do for this challenge is visit three different clocks across the map. One is in Junk Junction, another is in Neo Tilted, and the third is in Happy Hamlet.
Here is a map marking the location of each clock:
Eliminate (7) opponents in Snobby Shores or Mega Mall - 10 Battle Stars
For these elimination challenges, it's always a safe bet to head into an LTM. Team Rumble is usually your best bet, but if you don't get the circle on one of these spots, it may be hard to get more than one or two eliminations in a game. You may find some of the other rotating LTMs may be better choices for completing this one.
If you're confident in completing this challenge in real games, we'd recommend landing at whichever spot you're more comfortable with and going for early game kills until you complete the challenge. Early game fights are a lot more random, but also easier to win because nobody has a full loadout or a lot of mats.
The best way to do this is to make sure you have your landing down perfectly, so you can get to the weapons first. Check out our guide on landing at Mega Mall for some tips on how to land the fastest and how to approach early skirmishes. And although this guide is for landing at Mega Mall, the tips for early skirmishes can be applied to Snobby Shores as well!
Battle Pass Challenges
Damage opponents with Assault Rifles (500) - 5 Battle Stars
This challenge requires you to deal 500 total damage with Assault Rifles. As always, LTMs like Team Rumble will be the easiest way to complete this challenge. If you focus on fighting from mid-range and third-partying, you may be able to complete this challenge in one Team Rumble match. Here are a few tips to help you complete this challenge regardless of game mode:
Force mid-range fights:
- Assault rifles are most effective at mid-range, so you want to keep the fights here if you can
- Set-up a makeshift base and hold your ground
- Natural high ground works best for this, so other players can't shoot your base down
- If players push you, shoot them if you have an angle. Otherwise, shoot their builds out
- Look for any and every opportunity to sneak damage in
- Pay attention to how opponents are peaking and try predicting it
- After shooting them out, try to land a shot or two while they're falling down
- Carry mobility to escape close-range encounter and reengage at mid-range
- Look for player build battling or fighting and take some Assault Rifle shots on whoever is exposed
- Use first-shot accuracy for this, unless you are close enough to full spray and land at least a few shots
Land at _____ - 5 Battle Stars
- Land at Paradise Palms
- Land at Neo Tilted
- Land at Mega Mall
- Land at Pleasant Park
- Land at Junk Junction
This challenge should be no problem! You just need to land at each of these five locations. Remember, since this challenge is multiple stages, you will only be able to complete one stage per match. With that in mind, we'd say just dedicate five matches and land at each of these spots, respectively. So, queue up and land at Paradise. The next game land at Neo Tilted, and so on.
Here's a map marking the five locations and the order in which you need to land at them:
Use a volcano vent, air vent, and a zipline in a single match - 10 Battle Stars
This is yet another easy challenge, as long as you have a plan going into the game. You need to hit a volcano vent, air vent, and zipline in a single match. Volcano vents are only in the northeast part of the map, while air vents and ziplines can be found across the whole map. In other words, you'll want to land somewhere in the northeast part of the map (around the volcano and in the jungle) to complete this challenge easily.
The easiest route we could find is to land at Pressure plant, immediately take the volcano vent up to the sky platform, then use the air vent to launch yourself back down right next to the zipline under the platform. Of course, you can take any route you'd like, just remember that you need to hit all three in a single match.
Here's a video of us completing the challenge:
(5) Eliminations outside of named locations - 10 Battle Stars
This last challenge requires you to get five eliminations outside of named locations. You have a few of options: land at a non-named location, wait until mid-game and catch people rotating, or head into Team Rumble.
Landing at a non-named location:
- We'd only recommend doing this is the spot is right under the bus route, preferably at the beginning.
- this way, you'll have the best shot of somebody else actually landing with you
- Popular drops with no names and POIs near popular named locations are good options for this
- Viking Village (technically not a named location)
- Westworld (also a non-named location, but a popular drop nonetheless)
- The mountain next to Salty Springs
- Sky platforms
Catch people rotating
- Scout popular areas between named locations
- mountain next to Dusty
- area in between Mega Mall and Salty (grandma's house & watch towers)
- soccer stadium in between Snobby and Tilted
- Shoot people trying to rotate using slip streams
- Should be easy to complete here since challenge specifies "outside of named locations"
- Even after the circle closes, at least some of the safe zone is bound to be outside of named locations
Here is the Season 9 Week 8 Loading Screen:
As usual, thanks to @ItsEnergie for his weekly cheat sheet!